Thursday, October 15, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

Ack, sorry I've been so busy all this week! Luckily, I've kept my camera by me to take some snapshots of what I've been up to.

I got a double-boiler for $5 at a thrift store, score! So here is my first round of chocolate-coated stuff. I coated maraschino cherries, bananas, marshmallows, and filled up a couple of my silicone cupcake cups with chocolate. My favorites were the straight-up chocolate cups-- going to experiment further with these as my bravery in the kitchen increases.

My-firstest-ever-from-scratch pound cake. *sniff* It was great, but sort of dry. Got good reviews from my taste-testers! This cake is more like a gain-a-pound cake, if you know what I mean. Two cups of butter! This is probably one of the more labor-intensive recipes that I've used, and am glad the cake turned out so well. Still a complete novice in the kitchen, but hey! I think I'm learning a few things. Not that Chem Ramsey would dare let me near his kitchen...

Tonight's bento box, which I have eaten most of already. Baby carrots on a bed of edamame beans, white basmati rice with green curry simmer sauce for dinner. For desert, I invested in an apple core-cutting device and cut up one of Nicole's apples she picked from a farm, used a leftover raspberry chocolate cup, and stole a lemon bar from the mix recipe (shaaame!) that I had made earlier. When life gives you lemons, make lemon bars for your friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment